I want to start something new here on the blog ... I want to start sharing bits and pieces of my life with you. Right now, my blog is strictly business and I only post work that I've done for my clients. But even though I don't share a lot of them, i'm still taking 100+ personal photos a day! (Photographer Syndrome - You constantly feel the need to document EVERYTHING.) So starting now, I'm going to be posting about things that I love and things that inspired me that week! I'm pretty excited! 1. It rained all week. ALL WEEK. But there was one night when the sun came out for the evening and the rain slowed up. It really felt like spring, even just for that one day. I loved it. I spent a few hours at the park and going on walks with my godkids. :) Yes, that night was glorious.
2. When you’re at a loss for what move to make next, just ask yourself, “What would make a better story?” | I've spent a lot of time thinking about these words this week. I'm right in the middle of the whole "planning your future" thing - what college to go to, do I stay home and work or leave home and have an adventure? Big decisions and huge choices galore. (It isn't fun.) I'm not so sure how I feel about this whole "growing up" thing - some days I love it and some days ... not so much. I'm kinda just waiting for Peter Pan to climb through my window and take me to Neverland. :)
3. On Repeat - child - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros
4. Storytelling. This blog is so incredibly inspirational, it's simply amazing. Photographs and stories of a father, told by his son. After you spend a while looking through the beautiful photographs, catching a glimpse into their lives, you really feel invested in their life. Storytelling in it's most exquisite form. Click here for the link - Days with My Father
5. I started updating Instagram again for the first time frequently in over a year - I kinda like it. :) My username is McKadiGrey - Follow me for more daily grams. (As if you really needed more doses of Kadi. Ha!)
6. Annnnnd since I just gave you the link to my Instagram, this seems like the appropriote time to share this blog post - Stop Instagraming Your Perfect Life - This is something that has really been on my heart lately and this article is really what I needed to set this into action. It's so easy these days to use your computer screen as a mask, creating a life that looks perfect on the outside but isn't your real life and definitely isn't the real you. I'm still working on it, but I'm actively pursuing a less-filtered life.
7. Listening to. Santa Monica Dream - Angus and Julia Stone
8. "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly & without fear for newer richer experience" - Eleanor R.
I'm thinking about crocheting this on a pillow - or at least putting it up on my wall in my room. That Eleanor Roosevelt, she always said the best things.
9. Speaking of putting things up on walls. I want this print for my office space. Such a good reminder.
10. I'm in the process of rebranding KTP and it is so much fun! I'm currently collecting inspiration, pulling colors and textures together, and adding many personal touches. I'm looking forward to my business fully representing who I am and the kind of artist I strive to be.